To avoid cutting such a special motif, you can choose between two sizes:
- 1 Sheet: this is the usual size of 61-62cm x 93-95cm approx
- Instead of half a sheet, the size is somewhat smaller (61-62cm x 42cm approx). It includes 6 x 4 "medallions".
Katazome paper with flower motifs on a yellow background. The name of this traditional motif is hana maru, or circle of flowers. The circle has no beginning or end, so motifs with this shape are considered auspicious, and are linke..d to the idea of eternity.
This paper has been prepared with the laborious technique katazome in which some areas with masqueraded with a paste of rice flour before dyeing the piece. Then the pasta and the remains of dye are washed to proceed to the application of other colors.
This long and painstaking process results in some papers of unique texture, warm, rustic but delicate finish at the same time.
It will stand out for its touch and irregular edges, which show kozo fibers.
• Origin: Japan
• Measures (cm): See above.
• Weight ( g): 70 approx .
• Material: Kozo fiber and sulphites paper
• Uses: Decoration, gifts, origami, customizing objects, scrapbooking.